You can perform the test at any time, however, the first urination of the day is normally the most potent and contains the most information on what drug metabolites are in your urine. Furthermore obtaining the first catch of the urine will also further ensure the most potent sample is taken.
To perform the test:
- remove the drug test card from the foiled pouch. Don't do this until you are ready to take the test.
- Using a urine collection cup, take a urine sample.
- Remove the cap from the base of the drug test to expose the absorbent testing strip(s). Don't touch the strips and keep the cap for later.
- Carefully dip the drug testing panel into the urine sample, be sure that the urine does not come into contact with the plastic case of the test. Allow the test strips to soak up urine for about 10-15 seconds. You will notice the urine is traveling up the strip.
- After around15 seconds, remove the test from the urine and put the cap back on.
- Lay the test on a clean flat surface while the test lines develop.
- You can read negative results as soon as they appear but positive results must be read at least 5 minutes after removing from urine. All results should be read within 10 minutes otherwise a false reading may occur.
You will see 2 letters on the drugs cassette next to the test strip, ‘C’ this is the Control band and ‘T’ this is the Test band. A pink coloured line should appear on the strip of the control band (C), this confirms that the test is working properly. If no line appears in the control band the cassette hasn’t worked properly and you may need to do a further test.
A second pink coloured line, no matter how faint should now appear in the test band (T), this is a negative result. If no further line appears in the test band (T) then the individual has tested positive for that drug of abuse.
Remember a negative result will produce 2 lines (no matter how faint) and a positive result will produce only 1 line in the control band (C).
What should I do with the results?
If you obtain a negative result then the person tested has none of the tested drug of abuse in their body at this time. You may want to re-test again in a weeks time. If you obtain a positive result then a drug of abuse has been detected in the urine. You may want to do another test later, or at a further date for confirmation.
If you need help interpreting the results please call us anytime. We can also provide a lab confirmation service if required to give a final legally defensible results.
Also, see below some information you may find useful regarding detection times of various drugs in urine:
|Abbreviated name on test||Proper name||Other names||Approximate detectable time it remains in the URINE after use.|
|AMP||Amphetamines||Speed, amph or whizz.||2-6 days|
|BAR||Barbiturates||Depressants, Barbs, Downers||3-8 days|
|BZO||Benzodiazepines||Benzos, Rohypnol or roofies||2-14 days|
|COC||Cocaine||Coke, crack or charlie.||2-5 days|
|Ecstasy or E’s||2-6 days|
|MET||Methamphetamines||Glass, ice or meth.||2-6 days|
|MTD||Methadone||Dolly, Red Rock||2-8 days|
|OPI||Opiates||Heroin, smack or gear.||2-5 days|
|PCP||Phencyclidine||Angel dust or peace pill||3 – 8 days|
|TCA||Tricyclic Antidepressants||TCA||6 -10 days depending on duration of drug use.|
|THC||Marijuana||Cannabis, puff, spliff or hash.||Casual use 2-14 days heavy use up to 30 days.|
The amount of time drugs stay in your body depends on many factors such as, the amount of the drug taken, its strength, purity, your body weight and rate of metabolism and whether you are a casual user or a long term user.
|XL BABY GATE SIZE||No|
|Pick Your Size||No|
Excellent service.Review by Christopher / (Posted on 06/12/2018)Very happy. Product arrived as advertised a timely manner !!
all goodReview by Martin / (Posted on 18/10/2018)worked perfectly